Thursday, August 21, 2014

Things I've Noticed In Europe

Europe is seriously amazing. I love it. Here are some of the things I've noticed in the past couple weeks that I've been here.

  • EVERYONE is so nice. Whenever I ask them a question about directions or anything in general, they're always happy to help. Even when I don't ask about anything, they come up to me and ask if I need any help. On the train to Maastricht, people helped with my bags and it was really nice of them to do so!
  • The roads here are not smooth at all. They're all kind of cobblestone-y, and I'm not really complaining because it's pretty cool since all we have back home is asphalt... But at the same time it's so difficult to roll suitcases. Also, some of the sidewalks here in Maastricht are slanted so it's kind of hard to walk. Well, for me at least.
  • People smoke everywhere. I don't like it. ):
  • The Netherlands is a very VERY green country. So pretty!
  • Some things are more expensive than they should be... I'm gonna be broke when I get back home haha
  • It's really hard to keep up a blog or travel journal ): I'm trying though! I'm catching up right now.
  • A 9 hour time difference is ridiculoussss, I'm going to sleep at the same time my friends are waking up haha.
  • Frietjes (fries) and vlaai (pie) all day every day.
  • Everything is really old here. The oldest wall in the Netherlands is in Maastricht, and it's from about 1200... It's crazy!
  • Everything in Europe is very close together. It's so easy to travel!
  • Cars are small and bicycles are very prominent. I need to get one ughhh
  • Maastricht is a good place to be if you want to travel to places! I've been to Belgium and Germany already and it doesn't take more than an hour or two.
I'll probably add more things when I've been here for a longer period of time. These are just some of my first impressions. I love it here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment